Fly High Seek Success
We aim to challenge and extend all students; academically, socially, emotionally, physically and creatively while catering for the individual child.
Our core beliefs about teaching for optimum learning underpin the curriculum:
- Students learn in different ways and their learning programs need to recognise this.
- Teaching needs to foster students taking responsibility for their own learning and setting challenging yet realistic goals for improvement.
- Learning happens best when student - teacher relationships are based on mutual trust and respect.
- The mental health and well-being of students and teachers is a priority.
- Effective pedagogy is purposeful, challenging and connected to a student’s experience, stage of development and background.
- Learning programs need to acknowledge and build onto students’ current levels. They need to be culturally and developmentally appropriate and have real life application.
- Students should have the opportunity to observe and practise and teach other students the actual processes, products, skills and values which are expected of them.
- All children and young people are capable of learning.
- Students need opportunities to engage in higher order thinking and reflection about learning.